Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Fix Approved Oatmeal Pancakes


This recipes is derived from the Fixate Cookbook. However, since I don't have gluten-free flour on hand, I decided to just use oatmeal instead. They were a hit with me AND my hubby! (I didn't give them to my kids because I wanted them all for myself. :)) 

For the Fixers: 1 serving is 2 pancakes and it equals 1 yellow.

Ingredients:


  • 1 ½ cups oatmeal, ground to make flour (in a Magic Bullet or something like it)
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 dash salt
  • ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 T pure maple syrup (or honey)
  • 5 T butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:

  1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
  2. Combine almond milk, egg, maple syrup, butter and extract in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
  3. Add flour mixture to almond milk mixture; whisk to blend until there are no lumps.
  4. Let stand for 10 (or more) minutes.
  5. Heat a skillet of medium heat.
  6. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet; gook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles pop in the center of the pancake. Flip with a spatula and cook until golden on the other side.
  7. Continue with the remaining batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment