I've had this recipe for about 8 years and it's always been one of my favorites I just decided to "clean it up". Generally, I don't like corn tortillas and this is the only time I really eat them. It's a "must" in this recipe!
I made two "stacks" in a 9x13, but you can also make one really tall stack if you have a round casserole dish. I also use mild enchilada sauce that I buy. (Not 100% clean, I realize, so feel free to make your own!)
This serves four and equals 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 blue.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, cumin, and salt.
- Mix in chicken and green onions and set aside.
- Pour the enchilada sauce into a shallow dish (such as a pie plate).
- Dip one tortilla in the enchilada sauce - don't drain excess - and place on one side of 9x13. Repeat with another tortilla and place on the opposite side.
- Divide 1/3 of the chicken mixture over both tortillas.
- Top chicken mixture with 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Repeat the dipping process for two more tortillas and press them down to evenly distribute the chicken and cheese below.
- Add another 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/3 cup of cheese to the top of the tortillas
- Repeat the process one last time and then pour any extra enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with the final 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly!