- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 to 3 ½ pounds pork shoulder
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the spices with a fork.
- Pour in the honey, vinegar, and oil and stir until well mixed.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place pork on top of onion and then pour the honey mixture over all of the pork. It will drip to the bottom.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be shredded with a fork.