This recipe comes from the A Year of Slow Cooking website. The original recipe calls for cheese and oil, but I have never added either. I also usually make my own teriyaki sauce ahead of time, to avoid the additives in the store bought stuff. I also use nitrite/nitrate-free bacon.
- 2-3 chicken breasts, or equivalent bird pieces
- 12 pieces cooked and crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup Ranch salad dressing
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing.
- Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Add the crumbled bacon to the crock, getting between the chicken pieces, if you can.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The cooking time will depend on how thick your chicken pieces are, and if they are fresh or frozen.