This is not my Aunt Ginny as this recipe comes from The Sisters Cafe. It's my favorite chicken salad though. I usually do serve it on overly-preserved store-bought croissant rolls because I love the combo. Sometimes I used canned chicken for convenience. You can leave the almonds on the side if serving to people with potential allergies. You can serve for lunch or dinner.
- 3 cup diced chicken, cooked
- 1 - 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup almonds, chopped, sliced or slivered
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. vinegar
- ½ c. mayo
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over salad ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.