This recipes is derived from the Fixate Cookbook. However, since I don't have gluten-free flour on hand, I decided to just use oatmeal instead. They were a hit with me AND my hubby! (I didn't give them to my kids because I wanted them all for myself. :))
For the Fixers: 1 serving is 2 pancakes and it equals 1 yellow.
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal, ground to make flour (in a Magic Bullet or something like it)
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 T pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 5 T butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk, egg, maple syrup, butter and extract in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Add flour mixture to almond milk mixture; whisk to blend until there are no lumps.
- Let stand for 10 (or more) minutes.
- Heat a skillet of medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet; gook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles pop in the center of the pancake. Flip with a spatula and cook until golden on the other side.
- Continue with the remaining batter.