This recipe is modified from SkinnyTaste.com. It is SUPER yummy. I topped it with a little bit of cheese and a little bit of Greek yogurt (sour cream can work, too). One serving is 1½ cups - which is very filling - and it will equal 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow.
- 1½ cups onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked ground turkey
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, ground turkey, water, and spices. Stir.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are soft and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally, adding more water if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!