Monday, February 27, 2017

Stacked Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Approved)


I've had this recipe for about 8 years and it's always been one of my favorites I just decided to "clean it up". Generally, I don't like corn tortillas and this is the only time I really eat them. It's a "must" in this recipe!

I made two "stacks" in a 9x13, but you can also make one really tall stack if you have a round casserole dish. I also use mild enchilada sauce that I buy. (Not 100% clean, I realize, so feel free to make your own!) 


This serves four and equals 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 blue.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1½ tsp cumin
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 cups cooked chicken
  • ¼ cup green onions, sliced
  • 1 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 (10 oz) can of red enchilada sauce
  • 8 corn tortillas

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, cumin, and salt.
  3. Mix in chicken and green onions and set aside.
  4. Pour the enchilada sauce into a shallow dish (such as a pie plate).
  5. Dip one tortilla in the enchilada sauce - don't drain excess - and place on one side of 9x13. Repeat with another tortilla and place on the opposite side.
  6. Divide 1/3 of the chicken mixture over both tortillas.
  7. Top chicken mixture with 1/3 cup of cheese.
  8. Repeat the dipping process for two more tortillas and press them down to evenly distribute the chicken and cheese below.
  9. Add another 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/3 cup of cheese to the top of the tortillas
  10. Repeat the process one last time and then pour any extra enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with the final 1/3 cup of cheese.
  11. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly!


No comments:

Post a Comment