This recipe comes from christinascaboodle.blogspot.com. It turned out super yummy, just don't overcook your chicken in the slow cooker or it will get dry! Don't skip the Tzatziki either! Trust me! Serve with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and Feta cheese. The 21 Day Fix containers used are: 1 yellow (maybe 2 with this giant pita!), 1 green, 1 red, and 1 blue.
Ingredients for Chicken:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tea salt
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 tea dried oregano
Ingredients for Tzatziki
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup English or Persian cucumber, peeled (if desired) and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tea dried dill
- Salt, to taste
Directions for Chicken:
- In a Ziploc bag, combine garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, vinegar, and oregano.
- Add chicken to bag and let marinate for at least a half hour.
- Spray inside of crockpot with non-stick spray (or use a liner).
- Dump chicken and marinade in slow cooker and let it cook on high 2-3 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
Directions for Tzatziki
- Combine tzatziki ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Chill for about one hour before using.