I made this mac and cheese for my family for dinner and everyone really liked it! Not a single person noticed there was a little boost of butternut squash in there!
I added chicken and broccoli to mine to round it out, but it is yummy solo. Use one yellow to measure a serving. The 21 Day Fix containers used with just the mac and cheese are: 1 yellow and 1 blue. If you serve it with broccoli and chicken it would add 1 red and 1 green.
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni, dry (or 4 cups cooked)
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz bag frozen butternut squash
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tea salt
- 3 cups sharp cheddar (yes, sharp!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Thaw butternut squash in the microwave.
- In a blender, combine eggs, butternut squash, milk, and salt until smooth.
- Put half of the cooked macaroni in the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Cover with 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- Put the other half of macaroni on top of the cheese.
- Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Top with the milk mix.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.