- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (15 oz) cans Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup lime juice, preferably fresh squeezed
- 1 tea dried oregano leaves
- 1 tea ground cinnamon
- 1 tea ground cumin
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add chicken and beans and boil for 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Add lime juice, oregano, cinnamon, and cumin and boil for 10 more minutes. Enjoy!