- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons lime juice (1-2 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 8-10 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag (or other covered container) and toss with the shredded chicken.
- Refrigerate and let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill tortillas with chicken (reserving the leftover marinade) and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
- Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade.
- Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until brown and crispy on top.