Friday, June 6, 2014

Aunt Ginny's Chicken Salad

This is not my Aunt Ginny as this recipe comes from The Sisters Cafe. It's my favorite chicken salad though. I usually do serve it on overly-preserved store-bought croissant rolls because I love the combo. Sometimes I used canned chicken for convenience. You can leave the almonds on the side if serving to people with potential allergies. You can serve for lunch or dinner.

Ingredients
  • 3 cup diced chicken, cooked
  • 1 - 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits
  • 1 cup celery, diced
  • ½ cup almonds, chopped, sliced or slivered
  • 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
Dressing
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1 T. vinegar
  • ½ c. mayo
  • 1 tsp salt
Directions
  1. Combine salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
  2. Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over salad ingredients. Toss to coat. 
  3. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment